Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Tool
The Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Tool is an interactive tool designed by scientists at the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project (NSABP) to estimate a woman's risk of developing invasive breast cancer.
Click to assess your breast cancer risk...
● Breast Tomosynthesis “3D Mammography”-
• Full Field Digital Mammography- A mammogram is an X-ray test of the breasts (mammary glands) used to screen for breast cancer.
● Diagnostic Mammogram- A diagnostic mammogram is an X-ray test used to diagnose unusual breast changes, such as a lump, pain, nipple discharge or a change in breast size or shape. It is performed to further evaluate abnormalities found in screening mammogram.
● Dedicated Breast MRI
● Breast Ultrasounds- A breast ultrasound produces a picture of the internal structures of the breast and is used to determine whether a breast lump is filled with fluid (a cyst) or a solid mass. It is also used to further evaluate a problem seen on a mammogram.
● Ultrasound Guided Breast Biopsies- Is used to obtain tissue samples from a solid mass seen on a previous mammogram or ultrasound.
● Ultrasound Guided Cysts Aspiration- Places a thin needle through the skin and into the area to remove cells.
● Stereotactic Needle Biopsies- Is a precise technique that uses digital imaging to select and remove a small tissue sample of an abnormality seen on a mammogram.
● Pre-operative Localization
● Sentinel Node Injection
● Bone Density Studies
● Consultation/Second Opinions
● Breast Health Nurse Navigator
Insurance Plans: Our facility accepts most major commercial insurance, HMO/PPO plans, Medicare, and other government sponsored health coverage. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding your insurance coverage.